The Himalayan country of Nepal is blessed with amazing landscapes and snow-capped mountains. There are many short hiking routes around the Kathmandu Valley that allow you to discover the amazing Himalayan ranges. Surrounded by hills and the majestic Himalayas, the Kathmandu Valley offers unlimited adventure activities to make your holiday more adventurous and memorable in a short time. The best viewpoints around Kathmandu offer stunning views of the mountains, landscape, people, cultures, and lifestyles. Join Day Tours Nepal for daily and weekend departure trips from Kathmandu to make your travel easier.
Best view points around Kathmandu
Table of Contents
Best in Travel 2023 In Kathmandu
Nagarkot View Point.
- By Drive: 1 and half hour (32 Km from Kathmandu)
- Elevation: 2,195 M (7,202 ft)
- Hotels: Guesthouse to Luxury Hotels.
- Things to do in Nagarkot: Hiking / Walking / Sunrise / Sunset & Local lifestyle
Note: Nagarkot is the popular destination for all travelers, the best spots to view breathtaking Himalayan ranges.
Trip Packages for Nagarkot.
An ancient town Dhulikhel offers a panoramic view of Himalayan range. Dhulikhel is 31km away from Kathmandu. On a clear day, we can see beautiful landscapes and mountain villages.
- By drive: 1 hour from Kathmandu.
- Elevation: 1,550 M (5,086 ft)
- Hotels: Guest house & luxury Hotels.
- Things to do in Dhulikhel: Mountains view, and to explore Panauti Village (wood carving, temples, old Newari town)
Ranikot Village (Ryale)
Ranikot is beautiful non-touristy village nearby Kathmandu and just above the Bhaktapur city. Ranikot and Pilot Baba ashram is the popular destination for hiking and picnic spot for Nepalese people. You will be surprised with an unchanged lifestyle, houses and a splendid view of Kathmandu and Bhaktapur. We can see a panoramic view of the Himalayas and pleasant viewpoint for sunrise and sunset.
- Accommodation; Standard Hotel, Tented Camp, and Home Stay.
- Elevation: 1,970 M (6,464 ft)
- Drive: 1 and a half Hr (Paved and Offroad)
- Things to do: Day hiking trip, Typical lifestyle tour, Mountains view, Bird watching. Overnight Homestay tour.
Trip Package for Ranikot Village.
A very beautiful place near Kathmandu to experience with the cable car ride and also the Panoramic Mountain view from the top. Chandragiri hill is also a religious place for those who want to worship God Shiva. For all kind of religious belief people, it's a perfect place to spend a day out.
- Accommodation: Under construction by Chandragiri Hills Management.
- Elevation: 2,551 M (8,370 ft)
- Drive: 1 hr (16 Km).
- Things to do: Fun park for kids, Panoramic views, restaurants, peaceful place, Cable car ride.
Trip Package for Chandragiri Hills
A short drive about 2 hours from Kathmandu, Kakani is another best viewpoint for majestic peaks, Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Mt. Gaurishanker and Annapurna ranges. Kakani is a popular place for mountain scenery, Trout fish, strawberry, and Rhododendrons.
- Accommodation: Hotels and Guest House.
- Elevation: 2,030 M (6,660 ft)
- Drive: 2 Hrs (paved and off-road)
- Things to do: Village tour, Day trip, Mountain biking, farming tour.
Namo Buddha is 40 Km from Kathmandu in the southeast of Kathmandu. Spiritual pilgrimage place where we can see Buddha giving his body to the tigress is engraved in stone. According to the oral tradition, this is the actual place where the Buddha gave his body. From Namobuddha we can see the panoramic mountain views and it's for the monastery.
- Hotels, Lodges, Stay inside Monastery.
- Elevation: 1,750 M (5,740 ft)
- Drive 2 hrs
- Things to do: Meditation, Mountains view, Day Hiking.