Everest Three High Passes Trek is one of the most challenging treks in Nepal. The passes include Renjo La (5360m), Cho La (5368m), and Kongma La (5330m). None of these passes are on the Everest Base Camp Trek so the trail will be quiet and peaceful. The trail goes through the passes via Gokyo Valley and Everest Base Camp. You will also have the opportunity to climb three peaks: Gokyo Ri (5360m) Kala Pattar (5540m), and Chukkung Ri (5550m). This is definitely the all-encompassing Everest region trek.
Everest 3 High Passes Trek Highlights
- The Renjo La, Cho La, and Kongma La passes are all difficult but rewarding to cross. The vistas from the passes' summits are breathtakingly breathtaking.
- Gokyo Valley exploration: The Gokyo Valley is a stunning and tranquil valley that lies beneath Mount Everest. The valley is home to a number of lakes, notably Gokyo Ri, which provides breathtaking views of the surrounding peaks.
- Ascent of Kala Pattar: Kala Pattar is a well-known vantage point for Mount Everest. Some of the nicest vistas in the world can be seen from Kala Pattar's summit.
- Getting to know the Sherpa people: The Sherpa are a local ethnic group in the Everest region. They are well-known for their mountaineering prowess and are warm and welcoming people.
- Glaciers, beautiful Lakes, rivers, waterfalls, Monstaries, and the world's tallest Mt. Peaks
Nepal Trekking 2023 Best Choice " Everest Circuit or Everest 3 High Passes Trek'
The Everest Three Passes Trek begins in Lukla before passing through Sherpa villages and farming fields above the Dudh Koshi River. Soon, we reach Phakding.In Jorsalle, we enter Sagarmatha National Park. Heading to Namche Bazaar, we enjoy the stunning panoramas of the Everest peaks and the surrounding high alpine, desolate landscapes. Hiking around the Khumjung village, we learn about the lifestyle of the Sherpa people, who are known around the world for living in this mountainous region. Through Thame, the route crosses the first Himalayan pass –Renjo La (5360m) to the jaw-dropping Gokyo Valley. To acclimatize, we hike to the Gokyo Ri and explore more views of the lakes, glaciers, icefalls, and white peaks – Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, and others. The trail then leads to Cho La Pass (5330m), which is considered the more technical pass among the three. The trail is steep and slippery, which makes it fun and entertaining, though slightly dangerous. We don't need to use climbing equipment but proper trekking gear is needed Via Everest Base Camp, you trek to Lobuche and finally cross the highest pass- Khongma La (5535m). Then you trek back down to Lukla.
When is the Best Time to Trek to Everest 3 High Passes?
Trekking is possible throughout the year, but Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November) provide the best weather. During the Spring, there is a bit more color and the rhododendrons are blooming, and in the Autumn months, the skies are generally clearer. The Everest Three Passes Trek requires fitness and acclimatization to avoid acute mountain sickness. Day Tours Nepal arranges the trek with complete management. Please, feel free to contact us for more detailed information.